Thursday, July 24, 2008

WELCOME BABY #4!!!

Hey everyone, it's David here and Chrystal told me I had to post something about baby #4. So we went to the hospital last night to get Chrystal induced. She was able to sleep until about 2 am when she started having contractions that steadily got stronger and closer together. Around 7:30am though the "waffer" that was used to induce labor fell out!! So that slowed things down, but she was still having contractions just not as strong or regular. Finally around 1 pm her doctor broke her water and starter her on the drip to get things going. She got an epidural and was comfortable but really tired. At about 5:30 pm her contractions started getting significantly stronger and I told her she'd have the baby at 6:25 (she guessed 6:15). However the baby's head was face up, which was starting to be very painful for Chrystal. For the first time in 4 deliveries I heard my wife screaming in pain, which alerted the nurse and doctor to come in right away. She started pushing despite the pain and as she did the baby turned 90 degrees and was now facing me (I was holding her left leg, prime position!). This, according to the doctor, would be more painful but Chrystal didn't care, she wanted that baby OUT!! So amidst the screaming and pushing soon the a little head popped out with his hand right by his face pointing at me (the doctor said "look dad, baby's waiving at you"). With another push the baby was out and instantly Chrystal and I both looked down below to see it was a BOY!! Chrystal let out the biggest sigh of relief and the rest is history. Both Chrystal and baby are doing great and should be home by tomorrow, so I'll post something later.
...
...
...
...
...
Oh, by the way, did you want other details???? Okay, so he was 7 lbs and 15 oz (our biggest yet), was just under 20 inches long. I got to name him and when he was born the doctor asked me what the name was and I had 3 different names in mind so I told her that I had to look at him first. As I held him for the first time, he started opening his eyes and was soon staring at me. It was so cute. So I decided to name him . . . . . KALEB ALVIN (after my dad) JOHNSTON.

So there you go, we're super excited to welcome our 4th, and LAST, child into the world!!

8 comments:

Jackie S. said...

YAY!!! Congratulations guys, that's soooo exciting. Great Job Crystal!!!

Jackie S. said...

Oh sorry, Great Job Chrystal!!! :)

Bex said...

Congrats guys! Great job Chrystal oh and you too David! I love the name, it's always great when you put a family one in there too! Can't wait for pictures!

L said...

Congratulations! I'm so excited for you!!! I love the name too! It's been on my list for 10 years, spelled with a "C." You beat me to it! Ha Ha

Rayanna Hogg said...

Congrats!! So excited for you!

The Chambers Family said...

Congrats! I love the name!

Julie Hawryluk said...

Congrats you guys!! Your mom called me last night and told me the great news!! Your last one eh!? Well what a great job you both did! The finish to your perfect little family! Cant wait to see some pictures... And mostly cant wait to see all of you in person and meet the new lil man!! Congrats again, love you all! Hugz

Mary said...

Congratulations!! Love the name. Sorry to hear about the delivery. I really can't read too much of the detail. Girl, you are such a trooper. Happy for your family!