Friday, July 11, 2008

Trip to Jasper

Here we are at the top of the Tramway in Jasper. It was FREEZING and blowing but a beautiful view of all of Jasper.All of us squeezed into the good old Odyssey. Elder Black is by Hailee and Elder Capsin is between the boys.Athabasca Falls

The Alberta Rose... our provincial flower. Pretty EH!!

Mount Edith Cavell. We ate our lunch at the base of this mountain, not a bad view eh! hee hee

The boys eating some yummy sandwiches and chips...mmmm. A chipmunk and a few birds kept trying to steal our lunch.Hailee munching away...what's new.Eating lunch and having some fun enjoying the scenary.
The kiddos at the start of the hike at the base of Mt. Edith Cavell.

The view on the otherside of the ridge, a nice cold lake with a beautiful glacier.
The boys taking a much needed rest and snack. What great little hikers!

So this last Wednesday we took a road trip to Jasper. One of our Missionaries (Elder Black) is going home next week (that's right, done the mission!) so he and his companion got permission to go to Jasper for their P-day. So we were happy to oblige! We first went on the Tramway up to a top of a mountain so that they could get a really good view of all of Jasper. Then we headed to Athabasca falls. Then we headed up to the base of Mt. Edith Cavell where we had some lunch and then the boys (the missionaries, David, Aidan and Xander) went on a little hike over a ridge to go so the beautiful glaciers and a little lake. The boys hiked the whole way! (45 mins there and back) Hailee and I just bummed around the parking lot and looked for rocks (since we were locked out of the van and couldn't take a nap :( ). Then we took the Elders to the town sight where they did some shopping and of course we all got some treats. On our way home we stopped in Hinton for some supper at BP's. YUM!! It was a great day and the weather turned out a lot nicer than was forecasted so we were all happy about that.

7 comments:

L said...

You live in a beautiful place! I'm amazed you went out of the house at all being so pregnant. I admire your ability to keep on going....

Glad things are going well for you, and your kids are so big! I am constantly amazed at how fast they all grow.

I love reading your blog. It makes me feel like we can kind of keep in touch!

Goodman Family said...

What a beautiful place to visit. Why is it always so cold in Canada?

Mary said...

Wow--it does look a little chilly. What a fun adventure with the Elders!

Dallas said...

aww, looks like you had a great time! how fun! can't wait to see you guys! xoxo

Julie Hawryluk said...

looks like you guys had a great time! I really wish you lived closer!! Cant wait to see you guys, last time was Kenny's wedding... way to long!

Jackie said...

Very brave going on a hike with the kids! Elder Black served in our ward too. Fun that you could take him to Jasper before he goes home!

L said...

I really liked your perspective about our kids maybe choosing us. It's neat to think about! Puts it in perspective that maybe I'm more than I think I am. (I guess we all think that way at times though.) And, I didn't mean to bear my testimony. Honestly I was surprised when you mentioned it. I guess I did, but truly was just trying to show my gratitude for my knowledge.

You are such an inspiration to be doing so well with so many handfuls! I'm excited to know when your little boy joins the family. So exciting! We're still a few years (hopefully) away from adding any more family members. I have my hands full! You are an inspiration! It can be done, and it can be done well.