Thursday, June 19, 2008

Two down....

That's right folks, Xander is POTTY TRAINED!!! YEAH!!!! I actually achieved my goal this time of not having to change 3 diapers, since little one is due in about a month. This last weekend David was home and so I said "lets do it!" and we did....the third time around. We tried a very different method, a Xander method and it worked. So just like Aidan, he was potty trained within 3 days. 1st day about 5 or 6 accidents, 2nd 3 accidents and the third NO accidents and still no accidents my friends! And who said boys were hard to potty train??? He still wears a diaper to bed but we plan to remedy that in a few weeks hopefully. David was especially proud that he was the primary trainer this time. Good job dear! Just thought I'd spread the good news and cheer for all of you other moms and dads out there that are going through the "potty training" right now. Keep it up...it will work eventually!

4 comments:

Mary said...

So what is the Xander method? I have been casually attempting the potty training, but the weather finally warmed up here and I'm ready to commit. Tell me your secret now that you are a seasoned potty trainer!!

Tiffany said...

Yes, lets hear the Xander method, Hunter is almost trained but still has accidents. I finally decided to get rid of the pull up and only where them at night, no matter where or when he has a accident. I would love to hear the Xander method. Help is always good !

Dallas said...

wahoo! good job! I can't wait to see you guys again! xoxo

Tiffany said...

So I think I finally read all the posts I have missed lately in all my craziness! Congrats on the potty training! I would LOVE it if Topher showed any interest at all! Congrats on the snipping of David-hahaha-that's gotta be a relief to know that this is the last time you will be pregnant! I think I am still going to have one more after this one-so while I don't envy you having 4 under 4-I do envy that you are done! You look adorable! Miss you guys!