Monday, May 26, 2008

Can you say blog neglect!

Well, what a slacker I've been! Yes we are still alive and kick'n. I've been doing not to good in the picture taking department. In fact we just dug the camera out last night and I actually had to blow dust off of it! YIKES!! So I'll make sure to take some pictures over the next few days to put on here because the kids sure have grown...especially Hailee.

So a little update to what has been going on in the Johnston residence. David is trucking along working at the clinic. His final Canadian board exam is in June, so only a few more weeks to go! Then we just have to wait for the results and to be certified here in Alberta and then he's good to go cracking!

Also, a few weeks ago David decided to go and play some basketball. So I decided to try and do some much needed scrapbooking. Well, I just got everything out and organized and here comes David walking back through the door. I'm all "that was a quick game!" and I look and he's limping. What did he do you say? Well he landed on someone elses foot and rolled his ankle. It was the size of a grapefruit! The next day we took him to the hospital to get xrays. He had a grade 3 sprain and small evulsion (excuse the spelling) fracture. Stinker! So we got him some crutches and some good drugs. Poor guy! So here he is with crutches limping around and to make things even better, just this last weekend he got the good old "snip" surgery done too. Yep folks...no more kids are coming out of us! So to ease his pain I got him an early father's day gift, a new charcoal/smoker bbq! It seemed to cheer him up.

So this last weekend wasn't to fun for me either. With David being out of commision (since he couldn't carry anything over 30lbs plus having a bad foot), a couple of the kids decide to get sick too. Aidan had some sort of flu and Hailee had a cold and was breaking another tooth! Lovely! So now I'm running around, big and prego I might add, taking care of my three sick and hurt loved ones. Plus I made the DUMB decision to try and potty train Xander this weekend to. He was doing awesome too but after doing 20+ trips up the two flights of stairs to the bathroom I had to call it quits. Now that this weekend is over and everyone else is feeling better I woke up with a sore throat, aching ears and could barely move! Urgh! I'm just glad everyone else is feeling better.

So there you have it folks. A little update of what's been going on here. I'll be sure to post some pics soon and be better at taking pictures, now that all the drama is over with for now...hopefully. That is until this baby pops out (only a few more months to go!).

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Thanks for the update, I was wondering how you were. I am glad to here you are on the mend a little. Just relax and take it easy girl...you deserve it. When is that baby due ? Do you know what you are having ? Have a great day !

Jason Young said...

You have no idea how many times we talked about our silver creek falls hike while on our little 8-miler! We just kept thinking, if David could do that while fasting, we could do this EASY :) Hope you all are feeling better.

I would still be carful in the baby making department...you fertile mertile you! :)

Miss you guys!

mandy

Goodman Family said...

So you are alive! So good to hear about what has been going on. Sorry to hear about David. That sucks!