Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Baby it's Cold Outside!!! BRRRR!!!

This one is for all of you people out there that are at a warmer climate than us. This morning we woke up to -42 Degree Celsius weather. That's right my friends, you spit and it freezes before it hits the ground weather! But do you think that would shut down anything....no way! We're Canadain's afterall, skin made of leather...and now I know why! We listened to the radio to see what was closed and pretty much everything was still open, only the playschool was closed for today and the buses weren't running (they probably couldn't start!). But kids were expected to still get to school and people are still expected to go to work. I can't even believe that our van actually started this morning for David! Yep, he even went to work. CRAZY!! I even heard them say on the radio, "if you do plan on going out today, make sure all exposed skin is covered. If you start to feel numbness or see white starting to form on skin those are signs of frostbite and please seek immediate medical attention." YIKES!!! Our front door was even frozen shut! Only in Canada baby. I'll be enjoying my warm pj's all day thankyou very much!

9 comments:

Christal said...

I hear you its so cold!! I had to take 3 kids out in it to car pool kids to school half kept there kids home but the other half went so I still had to go out!!! Yesterday was a snow day and today isn't much different so not sure why today wasn't a snow day !! Oh well joys of living in canada eh!! Well keep warm TTYL

Perkes Family said...

HOLY COW!!! that is cold. I do not think I could handle that, I have been freezing at our 30 - 32F temps. :) I hope you are feeling okay :)

Tiffany said...

Hey girl, I am right there with you, it's way to cold for me, I did take Hunter to preschool today, and it was so cold....Brrr. How have you been feeling? Are you going to find out what you are having? Where are you living? Sorry for all the questions. Hope to hear from you soon. Are you on facebook?

GVIL said...

my dad told me how cold it was there today!! wow, i couldn't believe it!

Dallas said...

They kept the schools open there?!?! Here I guess only 3 kids in total went to school! Maddes' stayin home, that's for sure, however Darren went to work! Glad it's not me, I'm stayin in where its toasty warm :D

Bex said...

I guess I can never complain about being cold to you. To say I am the least bit jealous would be a lie. I vote for the jammies, smart girl!

Goodman Family said...

Okay see that is a little too cold for me. I guess that is why I am not moving to Canada! Stay warm!

Tiffany said...

That sounds pretty dang crappy! No thanks-we will NEVER be visiting in the winter-just to make you aware of that now! Miss you!

A. Simpson said...

Sheesh and here I was about to complain about waking up to my -13 degress weather...