Wednesday, September 5, 2007

} Ebay cons take that!

This one is for all of you that have at one point in your life been scammed by a fellow ebayer!Some of you may already know this story, but oh well. My blog, I get to vent! (or in this case CHEER!!) About a month ago I purchased a rather expensive item on ebay and was way excited about it since I was actually saving about $100! So I buy it and all is good....then a week goes by and no stamps (that's what I bought by the way)....then almost two weeks. So I decided to email this "seller" to see what was up! It turned out my package was "damaged" and "lost" in transist. Were you going to tell me that? I think not! So I kindly asked for my money back and the reply was "I'm not liable for products once shipped." Oh NO YOU DIDN"T! First of all the buyer is always right, especially if you recieved the money asap! Second, if you don't offer extra insurance for shipping you ARE liable. THIRD, you obviously did a crap job of packaging something so expensive that it was damaged in transit! And of course FOURTH, You don't mess with ME (especially when I don't have that money to spend in the first place!)!! So then began an exchange of emails for yet another week and an investigation on my part. Anyhoo, I ended up filing a claim with Ebay and Paypal and what do you know.....We WON!! SUCKER!!! Not only did paypal give us our money back but they took it from her account instead of from our protection insurance (I guess everyone has it that is with paypal). SWEET VICTORY!!! I'm sure she learned her lesson and so did I! One for the Johnston's.... zero for the "seller". Thanks for listening and now I do my victory dance! hee hee :)

8 comments:

Jason Young said...

I can just see you snapping your fingers miss Attitude :) Good for your sistafriend!

Mandy

Dallas said...

hee hee, that's awesome sis, glad to hear you kicked some major terd seller butt!! Isn't it a great feeling when you win, I was glowing when we won our cases... ahh sweet victory, enjoy it lol! xoxo

A. Simpson said...

Okay well I don't have your e-mail addy so I thought I'd contact you this way. I read your last comment you left on Tiffany's blog, Aiden has been getting buggy bites since he's slept on the top bunk?! Are they hive like?? Ky has been getting them too and she's been sleeping on the top bunk since before we moved to Wy? Did you take Aiden to the dr? What'd they say??
my e-mail is Lyn171@yahoo.com

Precision Photography said...

And that is why I HATE EBAY!! I have heard some many stories like that and it scares me to bad to want to buy anythign off of there. I am so glad that you got your money back. It owuld have been even sweeter if you still recieved the stamps :)

Goodman Family said...

Good for you Crystal! What a loser! Glad to hear you got your $ back!

Joel and Kristie said...

The same thing happened to us once, Joel bought an expensive text book and we NEVER received it and couldn't track down the dirty seller, but EBay was Awesome and gave us our money back no problem! I'm glad you had a happy ending too!!!

Jessie said...

that is so good that you got your money back! john bought a video game on ebay and never gpt it but the user cancelled his ebay membership and there was nothing in his paypal account so we lost the money :( awesome that yours was a happy ending!

L&M said...

good job! here is our comment so give us an add.