Tuesday, July 31, 2007

One down....two to go!

Yippie! Aidan is finally potty trained! We, well actually I, decided it was time and this last weekend we took the plunge to the unknown world of potty training and won! It was a tough weekend but we all came out alive. The first day he had a whopping 8 accidents (saturday), the second day (sunday) he had 2, yesterday he had 1 and today none so far and he woke up this morning with a dry diaper (yep he's still in a diaper at night, for now anyways....we aren't THAT brave!). He still has a bit of an issue with pooping on the toilet but he did do it once, yesterday. It's soo nice to have only 2 diapers to change now. I know some of you are thinking "TWO, that's still awful!" but believe me it's better than THREE! And the great thing about all of this is that Xander is really interested in the toilet now and wants to sit on it everytime Aidan does. Monkey see monkey do right! So he's next....not for a bit though. I need to recover and get more energy to do this all over again. But I just wanted everyone to know how proud I am of my little man in his big boy underpants! And if any of you are interested in the book I purchased online to utilize the same methods just let me know because it worked for me! Good luck to anyone who is about to embark on this similar adventure....it's hard work but worth it in the end!

8 comments:

Tiffany said...

super exciting! congratulations to aidan and even more congratulations to you! tough stuff, potty training is!

Jason Young said...

Such a good boy!!

The Chambers Family said...

YEA! How exciting!

Jessie said...

Thats awesome! Good job mom!

Precision Photography said...

Way to go Aidan!!!! I wish you lived closer so Owen could learn from him :) One of these days when I am not so lazy :) Owen will be potty trained too. SO how did you do it??

Dallas said...

that's so awesome sis, I'm happy to hear you made it out alive lol. I remember what potty training was like, and I'm glad I don't have to do it again :) well give my sweeties the biggest kisses and hugs for me k, luv ya! xoxox

LD Ferris said...

That's great! I'm fighting the potty training monsters here too with Arora, so far we're doing pretty good... Congrats!

A. Simpson said...

It sounds like he's doing good! Take him to the potty once before he goes to bed then once before YOU go to bed. That'll help with the transition during bedtime.
Note: yes you might be taking him in his sleep.