Thursday, March 14, 2013

Downstairs bathroom redo

Here is just another quick post to keep me committed to this blog.  When we first bought our house one of the first rooms we renovated was our downstairs bathroom.  Luckily my in-laws, who were the previous home owners, replaced the shower, sink and toilet, saving us big bucks!  But alas the sink cabinets were a bit dated and the walls needed a bit of change in color.  So to stay in budget (which at this point was a very small budget) we decided to just paint the cabinets and replace the hardware.

I of course forgot to take a true before pic.  So here is my "oops I forgot and the cabinet doors are already off and it's sanded" pics.  I think you get the idea.  


Here are my boys hard at work on the cabinet doors.


See, just a bit dated.


We chose the paint color Black bean soup.  In this picture it looks really brown, but it is much darker in person, more a black brown.  Much better!


Next were the walls.  Before they were a yellowish tint.  We decided to go with a subtle grey tone, since this bathroom is so small darker colors would have made it seem smaller.


And finally the finished product!  So just a couple cans of paint, new hardware and wala!  A new bathroom.


Next, the rest of the house :)



1 comment:

Julie Hawryluk said...

love the finished look on the bathroom!! Looks great! I only painted our fireplace wall and our bedroom. I need to get all my projects finished too!!