Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Blog slacker!

So my sister gave me a serious tongue lashing about my slacking of blog posts. So I thought I would make her happy and give everyone a little update on the Johnston household. So our eldest just turned 5! I know, we are getting old. He is such a little stud and really loves kindergarten. We had our first parent teacher interviews and she was very happy with Aidan and how well he is doing. So that's good. He's all about trains so that's what I made for his cake and he loved it...especially the candy cargo it was carrying.


We managed to carve out a few pumpkins this year too. David was very impressed with himself and his carving abilities. So much that I wouldn't be surprised if we do double the pumpkins next year. Good job sweetie!
I know...Xander looks pretty freaky here! Getting ready for halloween I guess??

So here are pics of our little ones in their trick-o-treating gear.

Aidan wanted to be a bat...it's nice that he actually knows what he wants now...unless you have no sewings skills. So I got this idea online. I just took an old umbrella and cut it in half and pinned it to a black hoodie. And the ears I made out of felt and pinned them on too. Covered my nasty pin job with black duct tape and TADA you have a bat! I was pretty impressed with myself and Aidan loved it!

My cute little bear! Don't you just want to pinch those little cheeks!

My little fairy princess. She's definately a girl. And of course our little monkey. :) They had a great time and luckily it wasn't too cold so they enjoyed themselves.

5 comments:

The Chambers Family said...

I am glad for the update! Crazy Aidan is in kindergarten because Jordan has to wait since the cutoff is different in the US. Their costumes are very cute!

John and Jada McFarlane said...

I can't believe Aidan is 5, then again, you have four kids and your oldest is only 5! I don't which is harder to believe! Happy Birthday to Aidan. Your Halloween looked really fun! Cute costumes.

becky said...

Finally!! Just kidding! Love the costumes and that bat idea is genious! Good work!

Mary said...

Wow--you outdid yourself! You shouldn't have given away all your secrets on the bat costume--that looks incredible! Way to go!!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.