Monday, August 4, 2008

A pretty good week!

Much needed nap time with daddy...or should we say Dr. Johnston!
Love you baby Kaleb!
Hailee being my little helper...she's wiping off some spit-up. What a little mama!
Mister dimples! LOVE IT!!!
Dressed in his sunday best!My little angel!
So this last week has been an eventful one for sure. To start off David is now a licenced DC!! Yep folks, he's practicing now. He had his first full day as a Chiropractor this last Friday (August 1st) and saw a whopping 17 patients!! Lets just say he came home tired and with a permagrin a mile long! I'm soo proud of him.
This was also Kaleb's first week at home and he is doing great! The first few nights were not so fun, days and nights mixed up. But he is doing great now, sleeping 3 to 4 hours at a time! The kids are loving having a new baby brother. Every morning they come running into our room looking for "baby Kaleb". Aidan is constantly asking to hold him and Xander and Hailee are always giving him kisses. He's already back to his birth weight and then some. So he loves to eat! I even had my first day all by myself with all four kids and it actually wasn't too bad. I prepared for the worst and got the best! The kids were really good. I hope they continue on this good streak.
As for me, I got a new look. After having a baby I like to go out and get a hair cut to make me feel rejuvinated and pretty. So I got it cut short! And I love it. I also decided I needed a change with the color and bought a dark dark color....well lets just say it's dark now! Actually pretty much BLACK!! OOPS!! It was pretty weird at first but I'm getting use to it. You can kinda see it in the pic with me and Kaleb....I'll be sure to get some and post them sometime in the near future. Anyhoo, we are all alive and kicking and loving our new baby boy! Thanks for stopping by!

9 comments:

Becky said...

You new little one is beautiful!! I admire your ability to have 4! I feel like my hands are full with just the 1. Congrats to your husband too, that's quite an accomplishment.

LD Ferris said...

It really does sound like it was a good week... :D Kaleb is so cute and I really like your new 'do' too! Hailee being a little momma is super funny (though Rory does it with Zack too) but beware - sometimes that help can be a bit of trouble, especially once she gets really into the whole 'baby dolls' stage. Yep, then they think they can do it all. :) Cute but a little bit aggravating when they try and change the baby's diaper for you!!!

Congrats again Chrys, you're so lucky to have 4 great kids, and congrats to David too!

Mary said...

Cute cut and color!

Yeah for Dr. Johnson!

And you already had a day with 4 all by yourself? I think I'd just move in with my Mom. You are one awesome lady!

That is a funny pic with Hailee getting sweet Kaleb's spit--and what darling dimples!

John and Jada McFarlane said...

He is so cute. Congrats to David on being becoming licensed! Your family is huge now! I can't believe it. He looks like he is a pretty good little baby. Johnny and I need to make a trip to Canada some time to see you guys, and the new addition!

Jackie S. said...

Love the new hair...it's super cute!!! Plus, your little guy is sooo sweet, I love when you dress up the tiny little guys in big boy clothes... so cute!!

Julie Hawryluk said...

to cute! sounds like you are all doing great! And i love the new do, the dark hair looks great on all the ladies in our family! I always have mine black and Jannels is black right now, haha!!

Goodman Family said...

Congratulations you guys!!! He is so adorable. I love your new haircut! Glad to hear things are going so well!

Congrats Dr. David!

Dallas said...

aww, lovin the pics sis! and your hair looks great! can't wait to see you again, and baby Kaleb!! give all the kiddos kisses from me k! xoxo

Mandy D said...

Hey Crystal! This is Mandy from growing up. I saw that you had a blog on facebook so I thought I would check it out. I am going to add your blog to my list so I can keep up with you. Stop by mine anytime!